Monday, May 23, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday, Andrew James!

I had tears in my eyes when I left Andrew's room tonight because he said to me, "Thank you for my party, thank you for my presents, thank you for cupcakes, and thank you for my zoo trip. I love you, Mommy."

What a sweet boy I have. Those of you who don't know him, I wish you did! Yes, he gives me my run for my money. I know my mom laughs a lot because I am getting what I deserve when raising him (it is definitely payback from when she raised me). But despite his strong-willed personality he truly is the sweetest boy I know.

He loves his family...all of you! He talks about you constantly- even if you think he has forgotten about you, he will say something out of the blue that he remembers about you and it always shocks Matt & me. He also tells me almost every day how much he loves Molly. Oh and we pray for our cousins almost every night. And if we forget he says, don't forget to pray for my cousins! :)

He loves to fish, play outside, ride his bike, chase lizards & play in the dirt. We have a small porch and he spends a lot of time out there pretending to build buildings and fix things (just like Papa)!

He loves sports. Golfing (in our back yard), kicking his new soccer ball around, using the vacuums pole as a baseball bat, and watching his "favorite" show on TV- basketball (like Daddy)!

Andrew is just starting to remember words to songs, his favorite is Jesus Loves Me! He also likes Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, This Little Light of Mine, My God is so Big & 10 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed! He will pretty much sing them on command and when Molly starts to cry, he always sings her Jesus Loves Me!

I could go on and on about this special boy of mine. As I reflect on him and the past 3 years we have had with him I am just so thankful. I praise the Lord, I have a son. I thank Him for his sweet personality, his great imagination and his little sense of humor. Just like I said in my last post, I am honored to be his mom!

He has gone from this...


...to this...

Happy 3rd Birthday Andrew! We love you

Oh and he got his 1st haircut today...pictures to follow!

No comments: