Friday, September 5, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME! :)

Today I am 27 years old! I have been spending my day with my family (which I love). The reality of this birthday is that I am a Mom now, and I no longer have my birthday to do what ever I want. This morning I went to class (I am taking a class with Matt this semester) and then I went and had lunch with my friend, Lyra. I came home, Matt had to go to work and Andrew had to take a nap to I am just blogging (another thing I love). Tonight Matt is taking me out for dinner for my birthday (without Andrew). I am looking forward to a baby-free dinner.

Matt has been so sweet to me today. He has definitely been letting me know he loves me and appreciate the Mom that I am. He gave me a card early this morning when we got up. He also hid little gifts around for me. This morning on the way to school he told me to look under my seat. I found a gift certificate to get a pedicure (one of my most favorite things ever). Then he called me later and told me to look in the diaper back. There was a gift certificate for a 10 minute massage. He says there are more!

The weather is beautiful today too. It is really cool and I have enjoyed it. It has been a great day. I am so lucky to be a Mom this year on my birthday. Thank you to all of you who have called or left me such sweet messages. I am really enjoying my day! :)


My friend Nikki took this beautiful picture the day Andrew was born.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Elizabeth Lloyd said...

Happy birthday Emily! Being a mom is the greatest birthday present ever!

Ben and Anna said...

Happy birthday! I am so glad you are having a great day and that Matt is completely spoiling you. You deserve it. We'll chat soon!

The Harrison's said...

Sounds like you really enjoyed your birthday! I hope you got my call and know that we are thinking of you. Love you bunches!