Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Our little Andrew..


Hello to ALL of family and friends!
I am back online- receiving (and trying to answer emails) and blogging. I have missed communication with you all through my blog- but thank you Miranda and Carin for helping with that!!!

Matt and I are leaving the hospital (yesterday), sadly without our son. I have gone through many emotions over the past few days trying to deal with leaving Andrew here and going home with out my baby. I NEVER thought it would be this way. God has been SO good to us and he has shown me many blessings in all of these trials the past few days. I am SO blessed to have a beautiful, healthy son. I am happy to be at a hospital that has taken such good care of me and my family and I am blessed to have a husband who has served me and his son unconditionally over the past 4 days. 

We have not heard of an exact time we will be able to take Andrew home but he is improving every feeding. Today he has eaten all of his food without using the feeding tube. My milk has come in so he is getting mostly that now- which he LOVES! The doctor anticipates that we will be able to bring him home by the end of the week. (I would love to have him home on Thursday- it is our 4 year Wedding Anniversary). Andrew is getting an ultra-sound of his head today. We are very hopeful that everything will be ok with his soft spot. After talking this over with the nurses and the doctors, we have realized this is a more common thing than we thought. We will be sure to let you know the results of the scan though.

We have been blessed by all of you. Thank you to everyone who has prayed and is still praying for our son. Matt was feeding Andrew last night and he looked at him and said, "There are people all over the world praying for you, son." That is so true. We have felt comfort in that and thank you!

Thank you Miranda for sending email updates out and keep our family and friends updated. 
Thank you Nikki for all the beautiful pictures you have taken and shared with everyone.
Thank you Heritage Presbyterian Church Family for your constant prayers and support.
Thank you Covenant Seminary Family & Friends for loving us and praying as well.
Thank you Mom & Tom for being here so soon after Andrew was born, your help has been amazing!

To everyone (I am probably forgetting a lot of you) thank you for loving our son and praying for our family. We truly appreciate it. We will continue to keep you updated and we look forward to bring out boy home! 

Love to all,
Emily, Matt and Andrew

No comments: